Can I apply as a gallery?
To be registered as a gallery on Artfinder, you will need to be representing a minimum of 7 artists.
As a result, if you represent less than 7 artists, you will be unable to apply as a gallery, and your artists should consider applying separately. It is also important to note that artists are only able to have one account, either that of an independent artist or to be part of a gallery.
- You must have either a physical gallery space or an online gallery.
- You must have online presence in the form of a business website (social media sites are not accepted).
- We will also contact you to confirm your business registration details in accordance with our standard procedure and to comply with legal requirements under UK legislation.
In regards to the operation and payment of galleries, this will all be handled by the gallery manager. This is a self-appointed member by the gallery team who will be responsible for managing the shop, fulfilling orders and collecting money from sales on behalf of the artist members. Should the application reach approval stage, the gallery manager will need to provide their own ID for the identity checks.
Kindly note there is no difference in selling commission percentages, between that of an independent artist or a gallery depending on your chosen Seller Plan, see a breakdown of our Seller Plans here. VAT is also applied the same way to Galleries as to independent artists.
Galleries applying to sell with Artfinder will need to apply through the same application process as independent artists.
In order to apply as a gallery, the application requires a minimum of six and a maximum of ten artwork images in total so at least one artwork per artist represented by the gallery to be uploaded for review and links to the gallery’s social media pages or websites.
Consider the following if you wish to improve your chances of being accepted:
- Tell us your gallery’s story, a bit about yourself and your artists. Be as imaginative and detailed as you wish - we want to understand what makes your gallery special!
- Submit high-quality images. Your shop will be managed by the gallery manager, so quality photography will show us that you are committed to a professional, well-managed shop.
- Be as specific as you can while completing the details of the artworks. For example, under Medium we would like to know the dimensions of the artworks, as well as the materials used or the techniques used.
- Show your best work. All artists produce works in their portfolio that are less strong. That's okay. But show us that you understand that it's about quality, not quantity.
- Online presence. We require a website for your gallery and/or Instagram or Facebook page with a clear focus on the art and artists that you represent. All examples should demonstrate the ability for customers to purchase the art and contact you. As the gallery manager is responsible for fulfilling orders on Artfinder, we need to trust your prior experience of shipping internationally. Please refrain from using links to other online art marketplaces.
We're currently experiencing a very high volume of applications and it may take up to 8 to 10 weeks for you to receive a response.
Please do not contact us about the status of your application if it has been less than 10 weeks since the submission.
Approved Gallery Application
Once your application has been approved, in order for us to publish your shop, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Fill in all the required fields in all sections of the profile.
- Feature a minimum of 7 artists.
- Upload a minimum of 4 artworks for each artist.
- Agree to our terms and conditions.
We welcome all artists who want to sell as a gallery on Artfinder and look forward to assisting you with any queries at firstname.lastname@example.org.