How do I update my VAT registration status and VAT number?
Where do I update my VAT status?
Please take the following steps to update your VAT registration status on your Seller's Portal:
- Login to your Artfinder account, and click the Dashboard icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Select the Transactions tab
- Click the Payment details button
- Click the Update your VAT status button
- Select the appropriate option from the drop-down menu and complete the following information when prompted.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.
Why is VAT number showing as incorrect on Artfinder and what do I do?
- Check the correct format of the VAT number in your country. You can do it on the European Commission website - please follow the link here and check Q11 explaining VAT number formats in different countries.
- When entering your VAT registration number, make sure that you are entering the full number i.e. including the two letters at the front which indicate your country of registration eg. DK for Denmark etc
- Please double-check if the VAT number you have provided is valid for the cross border transactions within the EU. It is easy to check it on the European Commission website by following the steps below:
- please select your country from the drop-down menu, enter your VAT number and click Verify
- if your number is not verified by the European Commission, please check for possible reasons in FAQ or contact the VAT office in your country to resolve the problem
Why my VAT number might be invalid?
- You are no longer registered for VAT
- Your VAT registration does not cover cross border transactions within EU - your VAT authority can assist you to resolve this
- You have registered for VAT recently and the European Commission website have not been updated yet
What happens if I do not update my VAT registration status on Artfinder once my status has changed?
- As a seller on Artfinder, you are responsible for providing the correct information about your VAT registration status including a valid VAT registration number (if applicable).
- VAT numbers provided on Artfinder by the EU-based sellers' are subject to a regular review (carried out by our finance team) for the purpose of correct accounting for the UK VAT as well as the ECSL reporting.
- Sellers, whose VAT numbers are flagged as invalid during the review, will have their VAT status changed automatically to "No, I am not VAT registered" until the seller is able to provide a valid VAT registration number. We will also contact the seller by email to notify them.
To read more about how VAT tax works for Artfinder sellers, please follow the link here
UK VAT numbers are not validating correctly at the moment by our system due to recent Brexit-triggered changes. Please contact our support on email@example.com if you have a valid UK VAT and are experiencing difficulty adding it. We will update this on your behalf.